Numerous ways to support our mission
The Jacksonville Sports Medicine Program is a community driven organization, we depend the involvement and support of our members (Athletic Trainers, Physicians, Coaches and Parents). There are many opportunities to volunteer your time and expertise! You could serve as a committee member, assist in our annual athlete screening program for student athletes or serve on the sidelines as a volunteer team physician of a local high school. In addition, there are other special events from time to time where we need help and support. Below are a few options to get you started.
I – Become a Partner
You can partner with the JSMP as an individual or a business whereby, you can become a part of our network and enjoy the benefits of “Making Northeast Florida a Safer Place to Play.”
Community Corporate Partner
Project 17 partnership levels
II – Individual Memberships
Jacksonville Sports Medicine Program is a membership-driven organization. Sports medicine team members such as physicians, certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, schools, coaches, and parents are encouraged to become involved. How can you become a member of our team and help our area’s student athletes?
Physician Benefactor – Becoming a Physician Benefactor has many benefits including:
- A JSMP mobile phone app that will highlight our physician supporters
- A new JSMP website with features for our supporting physicians, Parents and Coaches
- Sports safety award luncheon invite honoring special VIP guests
- A member only section of the JSMP website
- Access to baseline concussion testing and post injury test results through our registered schools
- Admittance to sports medicine lecture series, evidence-based programs and much more
III – Volunteer
JSMP Annual Athletic Screening
Share your expertise! JSMP coordinates free athletic screenings for Duval County student-athletes. This program promotes the expertise of our local physicians and healthcare professionals with specific knowledge in the physical demands of sport participation. Our screening process is the first step in the injury prevention process. We insist athletes follow up with individual family health care providers as part of a complete sports medicine approach.
- Saturday, July 29 – requires individual schools to register for this event. Upon registration the athletic director will receive a bus arrival time.
- Students participating MUST arrive on a bus from school and have their 2016 screening form along with a 2017 form which has Part 1 and Part 2 completed; including, parent and student signatures. Students who do not have these documents will be turned away.
More information, please contact Executive Director Robert Sefcik at 904.202.4332 or via email at [email protected].